General information about the educational organization
Institution Name: Russian Biotechnological University
Short Name: BIOTECH University
Year of Foundation: 1930
Address: 125080, Moscow, Volokolamskoe highway, 11
Telephone: +7 (499) 750-01-11 (multi-channel phone);
+7 (499) 750-00-05 (Admissions Office)
On October 17, 2022 the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation signed an order renaming the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education "Moscow State University of Food Production" into the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education "Russian Biotechnological University (ROSBIOTECH)".
BIOTECH University is one of the largest engineering and technical universities in Russia. The University implements applied educational programs in its own educational and production laboratories (restaurant model; pastry shop; bakery; biotechnological laboratories; dairy and probiotic production, cheese factory). The main scientific research is carried out in the markets of Healthnet, Foodnet, Energinet, TechNet.
BIOTECH University conducts targeted training and R&D for the needs of the industrial sector and specific companies.
Technopark of BIOTECH University is a unique spatial solution that allows schoolchildren, students, young scientists and partners to implement projects from idea to implementation. These are modern lecture halls, computer classes equipped with the latest technology, advanced equipment for manufacturing prototypes, smart packaging, 3D printers, etc.
BIOTECH University is a University aimed at improving the quality of human life through the implementation of the principles of sustainable development (development of health-saving technologies, implementation of scientific and technological potential of the food and processing industry, as well as training of targeted specialists with advanced competencies, able to integrate into the constantly changing processes of globalization).
The Strategic goal is to create a world-class integration educational and scientific cluster in the field of Biotechnologies, Bioecology, Biomedicine and Bioengineering on the basis of the University.
- Creating a continuing training system for target-oriented specialists ("School-SPE-University-Enterprise"), with the competences of an engineer, technologist and manager, able to respond effectively to modern international challenges and trends;
- Formation of a world-class applied research cluster ("University-Applied Center-Enterprise") for the implementation of advanced developments in the field of food safety, processing and quality control of raw materials and finished products, individual trajectories of health saving (HumanTech)
- Development of international educational and research cooperation (promotion in the national rankings and entering into international integration systems)
- Modernization of Master's Degree Programs:
- Implementation of applied training programs as part of networking with industry;
- Realization of master's programs of research character within the network interaction with research institutes;
- Development of "allocative" training system for highly qualified specialists (creating an effective system for students to follow different professional trajectories in the process of studying at the university, forming target teams of specialists with technological, supraprofessional and prospective "hard-soft-future skills" competencies);
- Creation of multifunctional campus, taking into account development priorities and needs of the metropolis (modern social infrastructure, applied training and production centers together with the target industrial partners, advanced laboratory-certification complex in the field of food safety with international accreditation).